PetArmor® Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs
The PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs provides long-lasting flea and tick protection. The collars protect against fleas and ticks, including those that may carry Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Each easy-to-use collar provides protection for six months. Confidently protect your dog for the whole year!
How to Use
Using the PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs at home is easy. Just follow these steps each time you use the product.
Before You Using
Correct use starts with purchasing the correct product. Before purchasing, measure your dog’s neck. The PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs is available in two different sizes for dogs. The collar for small dogs fits necks up to 14 inches, while the collar for large dogs fits necks up to 22 inches.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON CATS. Be sure to choose dog products for dogs and cat products for cats. These products are different formulations based on the species and SHOULD NEVER be used interchangeably.
Don't forget to consider your dog's age. ONLY use the PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs on dogs and puppies over 12 weeks of age.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your dog. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-888-908-8425.
Using the Product
- Do not open until ready to use. Dust will form on collar during storage. Do not get dust in mouth or eyes. Take the collar out of the packaging and stretch to full length. The tabs that held the collar in place will fall off when stretching; pull on any remaining tabs to remove them.
- Bend the buckle in half between the holes in the buckle, so that you can easily pass the end of the collar through both holes.
- Place the collar around your pet’s neck. Feed the collar through both holes facing out. Fit to the neck of the dog. The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of your dog and to permit the collar to move about the neck. Generally, a properly fitted collar is one that, when fastened, will snugly slide over pet’s head, and two fingers can be placed between the collar and pet’s neck. Leave 1 or 2 extra inches for collar adjustment, cut off remaining excess collar and dispose of in the trash.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after placing collar on pet.
- Replace collar every 6 months or sooner if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs must be worn continuously, and a new one should be re-applied every 6 months. Keep in mind that your dog must wear PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs for 1 to 2 weeks before being protected—and full protection can take up to 3 weeks.
PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs can be used on puppies 12 weeks of age and older. Consult your veterinarian before using PetArmor Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs on debilitated, aged, pregnant, medicated or nursing animals.
No. Wetting the collar will not impair its effectiveness, and it is not necessary to remove the collar if your dog is out in the rain. The collar can be worn during a bath, but it would be a good idea to check under the collar while the dog’s coat is drying to ensure that the collar is not causing any irritation.
Yes, the collar will provide protection over the entire dog’s body.
No, a standard collar should not rub the ingredients off the flea and tick collar. The actives in the collar migrate to the surface at a certain rate. Friction will not affect the rate of release for the active.
For any questions regarding PetArmor products, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-888-908-8425.