PetArmor® Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs
The PetArmor Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs provides long-lasting flea and tick protection while preventing new flea infestations. The one-size-fits-all collar protect against fleas and ticks, including those that may carry Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Each easy-to-use collar provides protection for six months. Confidently protect your dog all year around!
How to Use
Using the PetArmor Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs at home is easy. Just follow these steps each time you use the product.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON CATS. Be sure to choose dog products for dogs and cat products for cats. These products are different formulations based on the species and SHOULD NEVER be used interchangeably.
Don't forget to consider your dog's age. ONLY use the PetArmor Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs on dogs and puppies 12 weeks of age and older.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your dog. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-800-224-7387.
Using the Product
Do not open package until ready to use. Do not let children play with collar. Dust may form on collar during storage. Do not get dust in mouth or eyes. Use only one collar per dog at a time.
- Unroll the collar.
- Separate the collar from the pull-tab strip. Start at either end by slowly pulling the strip away from the collar. Pull on any remaining strip to remove it. Discard the pull-tab strip in the trash.
- Place the collar around dog's neck. Pinch the buckle, then insert the end of the collar through the buckle and slide to adjust for fit. Two fingers should fit between the collar and neck. Maximum effectiveness may not occur for 2-3 weeks after collar placement. The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the dog and to permit the collar to move about the neck.
- Once fitted comfortably, feed the excess collar through the loops.
- Any excess length of the collar beyond 2-3 inches past the loops should be cut off, wrapped in newspaper, and placed in the trash. (Depending on the size of your dog, it may be easier to cut off the excess length before feeding through the loops.)
- Wash hands after placing collar on dog.
Frequently Asked Questions
IGRs will not affect existing flea pupae but prevent treated flea eggs from hatching. So, while existing pupae and adults will survive an IGR treatment, eggs and larvae will not develop to produce a new generation.
Adulticides, on the other hand, kill pupae, nymphs and adults. IGRs and adulticides work together to eliminate the entire flea life cycle.
The collar uses sustained release technology by releasing the active ingredient at a steady rate for up to 6 months. The dog’s natural oils help to distribute the product through your dog’s skin and coat, providing full body protection. It should start working soon after application, but maximum effectiveness may not occur for 2 to 3 weeks after placement.
Yes, the Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs must be worn continuously, and a new one should be re-applied every 6 months. Keep in mind that your dog must wear the Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs for 1 to 2 weeks before being protected—and full protection can take up to 3 weeks.
No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea and tick product.
This product is waterproof and remains effective for 6 months. You can bathe your pet immediately after applying the collar. Getting the collar wet will not impair its effectiveness. However, we recommend checking under the collar while the dog’s coat is drying to ensure that the collar is not causing any irritation.
For any questions regarding PetArmor products, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-800-224-7387.